AN ALLEGED leader of the alleged NPA-linked group, Malahutayong Pakigbisog Alang sa Sumusunod (Mapasu), was arrested in a joint PNP-AFP operation in Lianga, Surigao del Sur on Thursday.
1Lt Krisjuper Andreo Punsalan, the civil-military operation officer of the 3rd Special Forces Battalion, said that Gloria Campos-Tumalon, alias Bae Glo, was apprehended by virtue of the warrant of arrest for Criminal Case No. 6527 for kidnapping and serious illegal detention today in Purok 4, Barangay Diatagon, Lianga.
The military said Tumalon, who also has standing warrants for arson and destructive arson, is the sister of Pablito Sinzo Campos, a New People’s Army leader nabbed in 2018 in Sibagat, Agusan del Sur, and Emelda Campos Belandres, another NPA leader on the wanted list.
He said Campos-Tumalon was also linked in the recent harassment in Diatagon, which wounded civilians in Sitio Emerald last Feb. 21, the failed ambush attempt on government troops in Sitio Simuwao (Km. 9) on Feb. 19.
She is also the alleged liaison officer who collected extortion money to be distributed to the armed guerrillas.
Meanwhile, Brig. Gen. Joselito T. Esquivel, Jr, Police Regional Office XIII director, reminded all private individual, politicians, and local officials to refrain from giving in to the pressure of the NPA to extort money for its operations.
Giving money to the NPA is a violation of Republic Act 10168 or the “Terrorism Financing Prevention and Suppression Act of 2012” and Section 3 of Executive Order No. 773 series of 2009, directing Regional, Provincial, Municipal Peace and Order Councils to apply moral suasion to and/or recommend sanctions against local chief executives who are giving material and political support to criminals and Communist Terrorist Groups.
- DRIVER SURRENDERS | Fatal hit-and-run victim one step closer to getting justice
- City to host three huge events in March
- Bomb joke lands OFW in jail
- Balinsasayao Twin Lakes provide water for half-a-million people
- ROUGH CUTS | ‘Transient’ tourists only?
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Dusit-Davao’s Romantic Valentine’s Day Offering
- 10th ID chief vows to cooperate with PNP probers on model’s slay
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Here Dodgy Doggies
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | Is the Mindanao Railway derailed?