The Department of Health XI (DOH) recorded two new positive cases of COVID-19 in Davao City.
The DOH said in its official announcement on Saturday that the two patients are a couple with a travel history in Metro Manila.
Based on the data, PH262 is a 47-year-old male who is a resident of the city, while PH263 is also 47 years old. They both arrived in Davao City on March 6, 2020, and shown symptoms for colds and body malaise. A specimen was collected from each of the patients on March 13, which was sent to the Research Institute of Tropical Medicine for confirmatory tests the next day.
According to DOH, both are already asymptomatic as of Saturday and now on strict home quarantine. They will also be subjected to retesting. Before they can be cleared for COVID-19, they should show negative results on tests taken 48 hours apart.
On the same day, the DOH bared that there are 77 new cases of COVID-19 in the country, bringing a total number of 307. Of these 77 new cases, two are from Davao Region.
Meanwhile, the DOH Davao Center for Health Development (DCHD) confirmed that two of the four persons under investigation (PUI) who died while waiting for their tests results tested negative to COVID-19.
The 71-year old PUI from Matanao, Davao del Sur due to septic shock secondary to generalized peritonitis secondary to perforated peptic ulcer last March 15, 2020 in Southern Philippines Medical Center.
The other PUI was a 68-year-old Korean national who resided in Panabo, Davao del Norte who died last March 17, 2020 In Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC)
The results of the two other PUIs have not yet come in.
Mayor Sara Duterte has reiterated her reminder to the public to stay calm amid the pandemic.
“I told you already that we should expect for (COVID-19) positive cases in the city. And finally, we already have cases in our city, but do not panic. What we should do is to make sure we are taking the precautionary measures set by the doctors. Let us stay at home, wash your hands regularly and observe social distancing,” she said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1