The city government will be distributing 10,000 ration cards to qualified beneficiaries beginning next week.
Mayor Sara Duterte bared on Friday, March 20, that they are currently working on the distribution of ration cards for the severely affected households.
Qualified beneficiaries include the self-employed employers, indigents, and out-of-work or contractual workers, and “no work, no pay” employees.
“No work, no pay” employees who are qualified are those who are mandated to self-quarantine for 14 days and the establishments are non-operational due to the global pandemic
Street vendors, night market vendors, and massage therapists are considered as self-employed workers who are also qualified to receive the ration cards.
Duterte also bared that the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), with the help of the barangay health workers and City Health Office, is tasked to identify the qualified beneficiaries and will come up with the master list this weekend.
The distribution of goods for the ration cards is scheduled weekly.
“We would give them goods that will be good for six to seven days so that we will not be distributing these goods often, as it will result to a mass gathering,” she said, adding that precautionary measures should still be followed.
“There will be those who would lie and take advantage of this service. We cannot deny as that, as that has been the attitude and nature of most Filipinos,” she said.
However, she warned that the city has instituted some mechanisms to track down the violators and file criminal actions against them.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art