Despite the strict inspection at the checkpoint, especially at the border of Davao City-Davao del Norte, a truck driver was still brave enough to sneak in illegal drugs.
The luck of Jennifer Suazo Escosar, 36, married, of Mintal Relocation in Barangay Mintal, Tugbok District, ended at the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Lasang, Barangay Alejandra Navarro, Bunawan District yesterday morning.
Authorities seized nine sachets containing substance believed to be shabu, weighting 7.70 grams with an estimated street value of P123,200 from Escosar during the inspection.
The suspect, coming from Panabo City, Davao del Norte, was driving a truck, reportedly owned by IJET Trucking Company, that was flagged down at the checkpoint.
When the operatives were asking for documents from the suspect, a tooter fell off, said Task Force Davao spokesperson Major Ronnel Legarde.
“So we searched the truck and we found the drugs concealed behind the matting,” Legarde said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021