Despite the strict inspection at the checkpoint, especially at the border of Davao City-Davao del Norte, a truck driver was still brave enough to sneak in illegal drugs.
The luck of Jennifer Suazo Escosar, 36, married, of Mintal Relocation in Barangay Mintal, Tugbok District, ended at the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Lasang, Barangay Alejandra Navarro, Bunawan District yesterday morning.
Authorities seized nine sachets containing substance believed to be shabu, weighting 7.70 grams with an estimated street value of P123,200 from Escosar during the inspection.
The suspect, coming from Panabo City, Davao del Norte, was driving a truck, reportedly owned by IJET Trucking Company, that was flagged down at the checkpoint.
When the operatives were asking for documents from the suspect, a tooter fell off, said Task Force Davao spokesperson Major Ronnel Legarde.
“So we searched the truck and we found the drugs concealed behind the matting,” Legarde said.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy