Despite the strict inspection at the checkpoint, especially at the border of Davao City-Davao del Norte, a truck driver was still brave enough to sneak in illegal drugs.
The luck of Jennifer Suazo Escosar, 36, married, of Mintal Relocation in Barangay Mintal, Tugbok District, ended at the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Lasang, Barangay Alejandra Navarro, Bunawan District yesterday morning.
Authorities seized nine sachets containing substance believed to be shabu, weighting 7.70 grams with an estimated street value of P123,200 from Escosar during the inspection.
The suspect, coming from Panabo City, Davao del Norte, was driving a truck, reportedly owned by IJET Trucking Company, that was flagged down at the checkpoint.
When the operatives were asking for documents from the suspect, a tooter fell off, said Task Force Davao spokesperson Major Ronnel Legarde.
“So we searched the truck and we found the drugs concealed behind the matting,” Legarde said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon