A homegrown company operating malls, supermarkets and other retail shops would set aside the first hour of operations of some of its outlets to persons at risk (PAR) today to allow them to buy basic goods unhampered.
The New City Commercial Center (NCCC) will allow the first opening hour of its selected branches to PAR such as senior citizens, persons with disability (PWD), and pregnant women who are having difficulty with shopping along with the crowd.
Its northern branch, the Choice Mart Landmark, will be exclusively for the PAR at 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.; its central branch, NCCC Supermarket Mall Buhangin at 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and Choice Mart Nova Tierra at 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.; and its southern branch, NCCC Supermarket Centerpoint at 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.
In order to get inside, senior citizens and PWDs must present their senior citizen ID or PWD ID before entering the store.
Companions are not allowed to shop with them since the provision is for those PAR who have no one to accompany them and have to do their groceries on their own.
To those who have companions, it is encouraged that the companion will do the shopping for the PAR as a regular customer instead. Regular customers shall enter after the said exclusive hour per branch.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat