All military flights are exempted from the suspension of air travel to and from the city.
However, the pilots and passengers on board must undergo body temperature screening before they can pass through the checkpoints.
On Wednesday night, Mayor Sara Duterte issued Executive Orders no. 12 and 13, suspending all international and domestic flights in Francisco Bangoy International Airport.
Col. Dennis Estrella, the wing commander of Tactical Operation Wing Eastern Mindanao (TOW EastMin) told TIMES, “Military personnel and other cargoes are allowed on the presidential directives. But all passengers need to have mission orders.”
The wing commander said all passengers must also wear personal protective equipment.
According to Estrella, there are one to two military flights per week and a maximum to seven to eight flights.
Meanwhile, on March 17, the TOW EastMin conducted an Immune System Enhancement activity on its personnel, as well as the Tactical Operation Group XI, at the open field area in Davao Air Station, Old Airport, in Sasa.
The personnel of TOW EastMin took advantage of the benefits of sunlight for about 30 mins. They turned sideways in a five-minute interval so that their bodies are fully exposed to sunlight. They also maintain social distancing protocol while performing the said activity.
The activity is part of the proactive measures of TOW EastMin to fight the prevailing spread of COVID-19.
On March 15, the TOW EastMin conducted an information awareness about the safety precautions against the COVID-19.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art