All military flights are exempted from the suspension of air travel to and from the city.
However, the pilots and passengers on board must undergo body temperature screening before they can pass through the checkpoints.
On Wednesday night, Mayor Sara Duterte issued Executive Orders no. 12 and 13, suspending all international and domestic flights in Francisco Bangoy International Airport.
Col. Dennis Estrella, the wing commander of Tactical Operation Wing Eastern Mindanao (TOW EastMin) told TIMES, “Military personnel and other cargoes are allowed on the presidential directives. But all passengers need to have mission orders.”
The wing commander said all passengers must also wear personal protective equipment.
According to Estrella, there are one to two military flights per week and a maximum to seven to eight flights.
Meanwhile, on March 17, the TOW EastMin conducted an Immune System Enhancement activity on its personnel, as well as the Tactical Operation Group XI, at the open field area in Davao Air Station, Old Airport, in Sasa.
The personnel of TOW EastMin took advantage of the benefits of sunlight for about 30 mins. They turned sideways in a five-minute interval so that their bodies are fully exposed to sunlight. They also maintain social distancing protocol while performing the said activity.
The activity is part of the proactive measures of TOW EastMin to fight the prevailing spread of COVID-19.
On March 15, the TOW EastMin conducted an information awareness about the safety precautions against the COVID-19.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success