The Davao City Water District (DCWD) waived the penalties on overdue bills. Meanwhile, the Davao Light and Power Co. is also giving a 30-day payment extension for all bills that are due on March 15 to April 14, 2020.
“The scheduled power interruptions will also be limited to customer requests and vital line maintenance to ensure that all customers will have uninterrupted electric service,” the DLPC statement said.
The DCWD said that “all imposed penalties with due dates from March 1 to April 14 will be waived as per approved by Board Resolution No. 20-111.” Customers with blue bills or no outstanding balance will be moved to April 15 to 20, 2020.
For customers with red bills or those with outstanding balance even before the grace period, will remain as such, but the DCWD will not be disconnecting water service due to unsettled bill payments from March 17 to April 14, 2020.
“The DCWD hopes that with the grace period provided, DCWD customers are encouraged to observe the quarantine guidelines and postpone transacting directly in DCWD offices while the nation is addressing the pandemic,” it said.
However, for those who wish to do their personal transactions, DCWD will still be open to accommodate customers in its Matina, Bajada, Toril, and NCCC Mall-VP offices and SM Lanang and Felcris Centrale collection centers.
They are also implemented temperature check, social distancing, and hand hygiene as precautionary measures.
“Customers with high temperature will be restricted entry but they may leave the details of their account and concerns at the forms provided at the entry points,” the management said.
Security guards and DCWD employees are also restricted from accepting payments on behalf of customers. The company also assured that enough and sufficient water supply will be provided for the city.
For all water-related concerns, the people may contact DCWD’s 24/7 call center through 235-DCWD (3293), 0927-7988966, 0925-5113293 and 0908-4410653 or chat with DCWD’s offsite customer support agents through DCWD’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/davaowater).
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls