The Department of Health XI (DOH XI) bared that three persons under investigation have died while waiting for their results from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Manila.
Based on their COVID-19 Davao Region report as of March 17, 6 p.m., there are 61 PUIs in the region, 31 discharged, and 28 individuals who are still admitted.
The DOH has not yet revealed any details on the case of the three mortalities.
They also recorded 2,396 persons under monitoring in the region, 217 of which are cleared already, and 2,178 individuals are still under observation. The DOH also bared that of the 217 cleared patients, one died but the case is not related to COVID-19. Instead, the patient died due to a trauma caused by a falling accident.
As of now, there is only one confirmed case reported in the region and she is now in stable condition.
The DOH said that they have been contact-tracing possible individuals who were in close contact with the COVID-19 positive patient.
The health department has urged the public for cooperation. The people should report to them immediately if one is manifesting any symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, cold, fever, sore throat, and diarrhea).
The DOH also urged the public to take precautionary measures and social distancing to avoid the spread of the virus.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art