Sara-led RPOC, RDC also close off Davao Region borders
Mayor Sara Duterte has suspended all international and domestic air travel to the city.
On Tuesday, the mayor issued Executive Order No. 12, Series of 2020, which is “a declaration and order for the suspension of all international air travel to and from Davao City.”
Executive No. 13, Series of 2020 has also been issued on the same day, which declares and orders for the “suspension of all domestic air travel to and from Davao City.”
The EOs state that there is a need to abide by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) Resolution 11 prohibiting unnecessary travel, and to enforce more stringent measures to prevent the virus from affecting the people in the Davao.
The issuance of the EOs is pursuant to Presidential Proclamation 922 signed by President Rodrigo Duterte, which declares the country in a state of public health emergency in relation to national security.
This will prevent the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) from being transmitted in and out of the city.
This will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on Thursday, March 19.
Meanwhile, the Regional Peace and Order Council XI (RPOC XI) and Regional Development Council (RDC XI) have created the Davao Region COVID-19 Task Force to implement a regionwide unified effort to contain COVID-19 infection.
The said task force “shall implement the suspension of Land, Sea, and Domestic Air for 14 days and may be reduced to seven days upon the review of Infectious Disease Specialist Consultant,” reports from the
City Information (CIO) said.
All entry to Region XI (Davao Region) will be closed at 12:01 am on Thursday on March 19, 2020.
“Anyone can leave Region XI anytime but cannot come back beginning on the said time and date,” it said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021