More public and private vehicles from Tagum City, Davao del Norte were blocked at the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Lasang, Barangay Alejandra Navarro in Bunawan District.
Davao City imposed a lock down at its northern entry point of all vehicles from Tagum City where a COVID-19 patient is currently confined at the government hospital.
Both Mayor Sara Duterte and Tagum City Mayor Allan Rellon released a joint statement agreeing on the lockdown effective Sunday night.
Based on the record as of 1 p.m. yesterday, the City’s Task Force COVID-19 prevented 79 motorcycles, 60 private vehicles, 15 passenger vans and 11 passenger buses from entering the city. All the public transports carried passengers.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the commander of Task Force Davao, said the escorted 43 private vehicles that were only passing through Davao city within the 24-hour period. After the period lapsed, all transportations coming from Tagum are prohibited from entering the city.
Yecla said they only allowed the entry of vehicles that don’t come from Tagum.
The province of Davao del Norte has been placed in “community quarantine” following the confirmation of COVID-19 patient at the Davao Regional Medical Center in its capital city of Tagum.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021