The Davao Police Regional Office ordered all provincial and city offices to activate their respective PNP Emergency Operations Center (EOCs) to support the Department of Health in responding to the COVID-19 cases.
Meanwhile, they are also conducting intensified contact tracing on the people whom the victim has interacted or chanced with so as to identify other possible COVID-19 carriers.
Brig. Gen Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI director, assured that all the police personnel will help local government units and the Department of Health contain the virus. They will maintain peace and order, provide security to health responders, transport patients, and give needed supplies and equipment.
Also, with the confirmation of a COVID-19 positive in Davao de Oro, “this office is conducting intensified contact tracing on the people whom the victim has interacted or chanced with so as to identify other possible COVID-19 carriers.”
Escobal said the PRO XI is working closely with other government agencies to accelerate response on any call for assistance, particularly on concerns about people congregating. The community quarantine protocol prohibits mass gatherings.
“I have ordered our personnel in the lower units to act upon it by dispersing said people, if possible,” he said.
In line with this, all PNP provincial and city directors were directed to activate their EOCs in their respective levels and organize a quick response team, preferably composed of nurses, to support the DOH.
“And to the PRO XI personnel, be careful and undertake all the necessary measures to prevent yourselves from being transmitted with the virus. Always wear your masks and use alcohols. Be cautious always,” he added.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission