The Davao Police Regional Office ordered all provincial and city offices to activate their respective PNP Emergency Operations Center (EOCs) to support the Department of Health in responding to the COVID-19 cases.
Meanwhile, they are also conducting intensified contact tracing on the people whom the victim has interacted or chanced with so as to identify other possible COVID-19 carriers.
Brig. Gen Filmore Escobal, the PRO XI director, assured that all the police personnel will help local government units and the Department of Health contain the virus. They will maintain peace and order, provide security to health responders, transport patients, and give needed supplies and equipment.
Also, with the confirmation of a COVID-19 positive in Davao de Oro, “this office is conducting intensified contact tracing on the people whom the victim has interacted or chanced with so as to identify other possible COVID-19 carriers.”
Escobal said the PRO XI is working closely with other government agencies to accelerate response on any call for assistance, particularly on concerns about people congregating. The community quarantine protocol prohibits mass gatherings.
“I have ordered our personnel in the lower units to act upon it by dispersing said people, if possible,” he said.
In line with this, all PNP provincial and city directors were directed to activate their EOCs in their respective levels and organize a quick response team, preferably composed of nurses, to support the DOH.
“And to the PRO XI personnel, be careful and undertake all the necessary measures to prevent yourselves from being transmitted with the virus. Always wear your masks and use alcohols. Be cautious always,” he added.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence