The newly created task force to contain COVID-19 recommended to totally close down Davao Region from all outsiders beginning 12:01 a.m. of Thursday, March 19.
The COVID-19 Task Force was created through a joint resolution by the Regional Peace and Order Council and Regional Development Council.
Mayor Sara Duterte was designated as the Chairperson by unanimous decision of the members of both councils.
All law enforcers are directed to guard all entry points by sea, land, and air. However, the task force said that the lockdown may be lifted in seven days, or on March 26, upon the review of the infectious disease specialist.
The order said that residents may go out of Davao Region but they are not allowed to return until after the 14-day incubation period of the Coronavirus.
The lockdown was designed to contain the spread of COVID-19. Davao Region has one confirmed case, a 21-year-old female from Pantukan, Davao de Oro. She is said to be in stable condition.
- Maya named digital bank of the year at the int’l Future Digital Awards
- City investigating committee reconstituted
- Simulation exercise set soon in preparation for Pasko Fiesta
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- EGALITARIAN | Mindanao Futures Thinking
- HONORING MY MOTHER | The incoming waves
- The Rise of Trading in Southeast Asia
- GCash joins hands with BSP, DILG on Paleng-QR Ph rollout
- Spotify Expands Video Podcasting Feature to all Filipino Creators
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | The Bangayans’ Samgyupsalamat