Terminal 2 of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport received another recognition as the sole awardee in the Architecture and Allied Arts category of the recent 12th Ani ng Dangal Awards held at Malacañang Palace.
Conferred by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, the award was received by Louie Ferrer, President of GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation and GMCAC Chief Executive Advisor Andrew Harrison. GMCAC is the private company developing and operating the MCIA.
“We are honored to contribute to the promotion of Filipino arts and culture in the global stage. As a gateway, we will strive to continue bringing pride and honor to our country by providing world-class service and facilities that highlight the warmth, hospitality, and vibrant culture of the Filipino people,” said Louie Ferrer, GMCAC president in a press statement.
During its inauguration in June 2018, Duterte cited MCIA Terminal 2 as the country’s most beautiful airport and a “symbol of pride and beacon of progress.”
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission