Terminal 2 of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport received another recognition as the sole awardee in the Architecture and Allied Arts category of the recent 12th Ani ng Dangal Awards held at Malacañang Palace.
Conferred by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, the award was received by Louie Ferrer, President of GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation and GMCAC Chief Executive Advisor Andrew Harrison. GMCAC is the private company developing and operating the MCIA.
“We are honored to contribute to the promotion of Filipino arts and culture in the global stage. As a gateway, we will strive to continue bringing pride and honor to our country by providing world-class service and facilities that highlight the warmth, hospitality, and vibrant culture of the Filipino people,” said Louie Ferrer, GMCAC president in a press statement.
During its inauguration in June 2018, Duterte cited MCIA Terminal 2 as the country’s most beautiful airport and a “symbol of pride and beacon of progress.”
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories