Terminal 2 of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport received another recognition as the sole awardee in the Architecture and Allied Arts category of the recent 12th Ani ng Dangal Awards held at Malacañang Palace.
Conferred by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, the award was received by Louie Ferrer, President of GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation and GMCAC Chief Executive Advisor Andrew Harrison. GMCAC is the private company developing and operating the MCIA.
“We are honored to contribute to the promotion of Filipino arts and culture in the global stage. As a gateway, we will strive to continue bringing pride and honor to our country by providing world-class service and facilities that highlight the warmth, hospitality, and vibrant culture of the Filipino people,” said Louie Ferrer, GMCAC president in a press statement.
During its inauguration in June 2018, Duterte cited MCIA Terminal 2 as the country’s most beautiful airport and a “symbol of pride and beacon of progress.”
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon