Terminal 2 of the Mactan-Cebu International Airport received another recognition as the sole awardee in the Architecture and Allied Arts category of the recent 12th Ani ng Dangal Awards held at Malacañang Palace.
Conferred by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, the award was received by Louie Ferrer, President of GMR Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation and GMCAC Chief Executive Advisor Andrew Harrison. GMCAC is the private company developing and operating the MCIA.
“We are honored to contribute to the promotion of Filipino arts and culture in the global stage. As a gateway, we will strive to continue bringing pride and honor to our country by providing world-class service and facilities that highlight the warmth, hospitality, and vibrant culture of the Filipino people,” said Louie Ferrer, GMCAC president in a press statement.
During its inauguration in June 2018, Duterte cited MCIA Terminal 2 as the country’s most beautiful airport and a “symbol of pride and beacon of progress.”
- Gawilan formalizes Tokyo Paralmpics bid
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 7,300 CASES FILED | City pursues charge vs violators of COVID-19 health protocols
- Air assets on standby to help LGUs send supplies, vaccines
- DOH XI | No new variant in Mati City
- KISSA AND DAWAT | Merit-based selection: Can it be done?
- TURNING POINT | Bubble herd immunity
- PLAIN AND SIMPLE | To vaccine or not
- ROUGH CUTS | Where ‘deception’ makes good strategy
- URC weathers difficult times with its people-first approach