Residents of Sitio Songcoy Barangay Mahanub, Guigaquit, Surigao del Norte benefited from the 2nd Serbisyo Caravan conducted by the 30th Infantry Battalion (30IB) and the Guigaquit’s Municipal Task-Force to End the Local Communist Armed Conflict (MTF-ELCAC) last March 11.
1Lt. Wilfredo Quilang, acting civil-military operations officer of the 30th IB, said the outreach program gave free medical consultation and treatment, free registration for the Philippine Statistics Authority and the Local Civil Registrar’s office.
A total of 20 toilet bowls, 10 empty gallons, 300 slippers, seedlings, 500 food packs, relief goods, and school supplies were also distributed to the residents. The soldiers also conducted a free concert and haircut during the activity.
In his message, Guigaquit Mayor Chandru Bonite said the LGU is committed to serving the poor communities, particularly those classified as conflict-affected areas. He promised to do more outreach programs in the future.
Lt. Col. Jeffrey Villarosa, the commander of the 30th IB, emphasized that the program was designed to address the problems with the New People’s Army.
“One way to address the problem in the community is to bring the basic services of the government to the people in the geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas and conflict-affected areas,” Villarosa said.
He said progress would not be attained if there is the continued influence of the New People’s Army.
Some sitios of Barangay Mahanub are identified as CPP-NPA-infiltrated communities, particularly Sitio Palilihan and Sitio Tiltilan.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence