Yesterday, Mayor Sara Z. Duterte placed the city under community quarantine so the city government could institute reforms that would prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).
In justifying the new declaration, which was spelled out under Executive Order 10, the mayor pointed out two key factors: the dearth of testing kits and the long period to obtain the results of the tests.
By placing the city under community quarantine, the mayor said among the rules that would apply are:
1) People should stay in their homes and may only come out to work, buy food or medicines, go to hospitals or take out garbage;
2) Mass gatherings and classes from kindergarten to post-graduate studies will be suspended until after the state of public emergency has been lifted;
3) All religious activities are suspended;
4) Government work will not be disrupted;
5) Employees from other provinces may enter Davao City – but necessary screening procedures must be followed;
6) Private companies must prepare and implement flexible workplan for their employees;
7) Require people to procure services and buy goods online from local suppliers;
8) Require online meetings and bank transactions;
9) Public transportation will be allowed;
10) Cargo deliveries will be allowed;
11) All other activities that maybe determined in the future to be applicable in community quarantine can.
All these rules can be implemented, but cooperation of the public, the business establishments and government instrumentalities is needed to ensure that smooth implementation is achieved.
Both the residents and the non-residents should abide by these measures, otherwise their defiance will not only worsen the situation, but will also place them in a very uncomfortable situation.
Cooperation is really the key.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1