The Davao City Operation Center was activated where the public can relay their concerns about the Covid-19.
Mayor Sara Duterte said on Saturday night in an interview with Davao City Disaster Radio 87.5 FM that if any Davaoeño will experience fever, cough, diarrhea (any or all), they have to report to the COVID-19 Operations Center.
They may also use the following contacts:
(082) 326 5DVO or (082) 326 5386
(0917) 509 5DVO or (0917) 509 5386
(082) 324 6LGU or (082) 324 6548
(0917) 508 6LGU or (0917) 508 6548
(0919) 071 1111
(082) 244 0181
Email add: email@example.com
The mayor also urged the public to wash their hands frequently with soap and water, instead of hoarding alcohol and hygiene products, which would be best used by the frontliners.
She said all private hospitals should not admit suspected Covid-19 patients. They have to call the Covid-19 Operations Center instead.
With the number of guidelines issued by the city, the mayor said that the public should keep three things in mind:
1. Do not travel outside of Davao City.
2. Stay in your houses. You can only go out to work, buy food, medicine, or go to the hospital. Wear a mask and adopt social distancing.
3. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
She also reminded the public to refrain from joining mass gatherings or events in hotels and restaurants.
“I don’t want to threaten them with closure. It’s better that they will just comply with the request of the government because we are facing a serious problem,” she said.
Meanwhile, those who are attending weddings and baptisms may do so but they should adopt social distancing inside the church. However, she encouraged couples and parents to cancel the reception so everybody can go home.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission