Mayor Sara Duterte has banned all flights coming from Clark Airport in Pampanga to Davao City.
On Sunday, the city mayor signed Executive Order No. 09, Series of 2020, which is “a declaration and order to ban flights to Davao City.”
The EO states that passengers from Metro Manila are now traveling to Clark to escape the ban on domestic travel from Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
“The Covid-19 IATF (Inter Agency Task Force) issued Resolution 11 banning all flights in and out of Metro Manila to contain the disease therein,” the EO said.
On Thursday, March 12, President Rodrigo Duterte placed Metro Manila under “community quarantine.” As a result, all travel to and from Metro Manila via land, air, or sea travel are suspended to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as recommended in Resolution 11 of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
“There is a need to abide by the IATF Resolution 11 prohibiting to and from Metro Manila even through Clark airport,” the EO states. “This order is to take effect immediately,” it added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021