Mayor Sara Duterte has banned all flights coming from Clark Airport in Pampanga to Davao City.
On Sunday, the city mayor signed Executive Order No. 09, Series of 2020, which is “a declaration and order to ban flights to Davao City.”
The EO states that passengers from Metro Manila are now traveling to Clark to escape the ban on domestic travel from Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
“The Covid-19 IATF (Inter Agency Task Force) issued Resolution 11 banning all flights in and out of Metro Manila to contain the disease therein,” the EO said.
On Thursday, March 12, President Rodrigo Duterte placed Metro Manila under “community quarantine.” As a result, all travel to and from Metro Manila via land, air, or sea travel are suspended to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as recommended in Resolution 11 of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
“There is a need to abide by the IATF Resolution 11 prohibiting to and from Metro Manila even through Clark airport,” the EO states. “This order is to take effect immediately,” it added.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month