Mayor Sara Duterte has banned all flights coming from Clark Airport in Pampanga to Davao City.
On Sunday, the city mayor signed Executive Order No. 09, Series of 2020, which is “a declaration and order to ban flights to Davao City.”
The EO states that passengers from Metro Manila are now traveling to Clark to escape the ban on domestic travel from Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
“The Covid-19 IATF (Inter Agency Task Force) issued Resolution 11 banning all flights in and out of Metro Manila to contain the disease therein,” the EO said.
On Thursday, March 12, President Rodrigo Duterte placed Metro Manila under “community quarantine.” As a result, all travel to and from Metro Manila via land, air, or sea travel are suspended to prevent the spread of COVID-19, as recommended in Resolution 11 of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
“There is a need to abide by the IATF Resolution 11 prohibiting to and from Metro Manila even through Clark airport,” the EO states. “This order is to take effect immediately,” it added.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1