A construction worker was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted by the Toril Police Station along MacArthur highway in Poblacion Toril on Thursday afternoon.
Maj. Jason L. Baria, the Toril Police Station commander, identified the suspect as Ferdie Saludis Matimatico, 34, single, and a resident of Purok 23, Barangay Sto. Niño, Tugbok.
Based on the report, the suspect was arrested after he handed over a plastic sachet containing alleged shabu to the undercover operative. Nine more sachets of illegal drugs with a total value of P22,000 were seized from him.
Police also confiscated his motorcycle and mobile phone.
“Matimatico was placed in the Directorate for Intelligence watchlist of the PNP and was closely monitored by my operating team for his illegal trade here in Toril,” Baria said.
The suspect, who is now under police custody, will be facing a charge for violating Republic Act No. 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- ROUGH CUTS | Bongbong-Sara tandem? Signs are unmistakable
- DMCI Homes rolls out tech upgrades for Verdon Parc project
- Ford Philippines sustains solid retail performance With 57 percent growth
- Army, Royal Brunei Armed Forces sign TOR on defense cooperation
- EO 59 bans drinking in public places
- Davao City discontinues use of face shields onboard PUJs
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Army accepting applicants to fill quota for 1,050 officers
- PSC supports ASEAN plan to add more Olympic events in SEAG
- NCCA winds down IP month