A construction worker was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted by the Toril Police Station along MacArthur highway in Poblacion Toril on Thursday afternoon.
Maj. Jason L. Baria, the Toril Police Station commander, identified the suspect as Ferdie Saludis Matimatico, 34, single, and a resident of Purok 23, Barangay Sto. Niño, Tugbok.
Based on the report, the suspect was arrested after he handed over a plastic sachet containing alleged shabu to the undercover operative. Nine more sachets of illegal drugs with a total value of P22,000 were seized from him.
Police also confiscated his motorcycle and mobile phone.
“Matimatico was placed in the Directorate for Intelligence watchlist of the PNP and was closely monitored by my operating team for his illegal trade here in Toril,” Baria said.
The suspect, who is now under police custody, will be facing a charge for violating Republic Act No. 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021