An arms cache was seized by soldiers of the 71st Infantry Battalion and police officers in Pantukan, Davao del Oro on March 4 and 10.
According to the delayed report, the stockpile contained one rocket-propelled gun, pistol, ammo, bombs, helmets, and subversive documents.
1Lt. Kim Carlos, the civil-military operations officer of the 71st IB, said the seizure was made possible by the tip of former rebels, who were enrolled in the government’s Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program.
The soldiers coordinated with the Pantukan Municipal Police and 1101st Police Mobile Force Company to conduct the operation.
One hoard containing a 40mm RPG, three 40mm high explosives, and subversive documents were recovered in Barangay Napnapan, Pantukan, on Tuesday.
Alias Lando, former leader of the NPA, said they confiscated the RPG from an MILF group under Kumander Faisal sometime in 2008. The RPG was used during an armed encounter between the military and NPA in July 2015.
Moreover, another cache containing one 9mm pistol with one magazine containing eight live bullets, 32 pairs of knee paddings, 32 pairs of US Army elbow paddings, and eight kevlar helmets were recovered on March 4 in Barangay Bongabong of the same municipality.
“The E-CLIP proves effective as it enticed the NPA members to surrender and further disclose information that led to the recovery and capture of firearms and ammunition, thereby decreasing the adversary’s firepower,” Lt. Col. Sonny E. Gonzales, commanding officer of the 71st IB, said.
The E-CLIP is a government program, which provides cash and livelihood assistance or housing program for surrendering NPA members.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1