More than P5 million worth of illegal drugs were confiscated by authorities from alleged distributors of illegal drugs in the entire Mindanao during a buy-bust conducted at the Ulas intersection, Davao-Bukidnon road, fronting IPE carwash yesterday.
Antonio Rivera, Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency XI director, Antonio Rivera said they arrested Aira Damali and cohorts, identified as Rohaina Damali, Najira Macalaba Mangcol, Jaber Amer Managa, Saino Radiamoda Managa, Abdul Mamad Macalangan, and Rosana Paquiring.
The suspects were arrested after handing over a shabu to an operative who acted as poseur-buyer.
“We received information a month ago and then we asked our operative to order, then they accepted. So, the operation was made successful last night, ” Rivera said.
He said the group was not included in their watchlist. But he said that “they are from an Iligan group that is operating Mindanao-wide.”
“For now, their cellular phones are still subject for forensic examination,” he added.
The buy-bust was launched by elements of the PDEA XI, led by Atty.Behn Joseph O. Tesiorna and PDEA Seaport Interdiction Unit, led by IA III Jose Wilson H. Esparcia Jr., PDEA-Davao City, led by IA III Cham Sulit, and PNP Regional Special Operation Group, led by Lt.Col Ronald Lim Lao.
The drug bust resulted in the confiscation of three transparent plastic packs and three medium sachets containing more or less 330 grams of alleged shabu with an estimated street value of P5,220,000.
For now, the case for violation of sections 5, 11, and 26, in relation to Sec. 5 of RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act) is now being prepared againts the suspects.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success