The Municipality of Nabunturan, Davao de Oro on Friday has suspended market day and the regular operation of the night market.
Through Executive Order No. 19, signed on Feb.13, Mayor Chelita C. Amatong has ordered the suspension of the regular night market operations and the conduct of market day locally known as tabo.
The EO was in response to the Alert Level 4 Code Red Sublevel 2 for Covid-19 issued anew by the Department of Health (DOH).
It states that the local government unit of Nabunturan found it necessary to take proactive measures and implement precautionary measures to avoid the local transmission of the coronavirus.
On March 8, President Rodrigo Duterte issued Proclamation 922 declaring a state of public emergency in the entire country, following the DOH’s confirmation of a local transmission of the coronavirus disease.
The EO states that the conduct of night maket operations along the L. Arabejo Avenue of Nabunturan have gathered a crowd of residents, transient individuals, and travelers alike, making it an avenue for the potential risk of the spread and transmission of Covid-19.
Also, the tabo entails the display of goods, merchandise, and wares at the premises of the Nabunturan Public Market. Similar to the night market, the regular event also attracts customers. As such, the order said that it “may expose residents and non-residence alike to the risk and spread of transmission” of the disease. The market day is usually conducted every Wednesday and Sunday.
“All night market operations are hereby suspended until further notice or until the state of public health emergency has been lifted,” the EO said.
“The conduct of Market Day (TABO) in the Nabunturan Public Market is hereby suspended until further notice or until the state of public health emergency has been lifted,” it added.
Meanwhile, on Wednesday, Mayor Sara Duterte has ordered the indefinite suspension of the Roxas night market operations, as well as the shutting down of all public playgrounds and parks. The order is part of the city government’s precautionary measure to prevent mass gatherings in public places.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021