Nine former rebels received a total of P650,000 from the national government’s Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program (ECLIP) in an awarding ceremony conducted at Grand Men Seng Hotel in Davao City on March 11.
Another one will receive the check at a later date after failing to join the turnover ceremony.
Capt. Erick Wynmer Calulot, the 1003rd Infantry Brigade civil-military operations officer, said each of the recipients was handed P65,000 worth of checks by the E-Clip committee of Davao City.
Meanwhile, a total of P210,000 was also handed over to the respective Army and PNP units representing the reintegration assistance. The money will be used to support the former rebels under their custody while their benefits are being processed.
DILG Davao City cirector Vicky P. Sarcena welcomed the participants and gave the rationale for the activity. They also learned about EO 56 or the “Order Reconstituting the Davao City E-CLIP Committee for Former Rebels” and financial literacy.
Col. Nolasco A. Mempin, commander of the 1003rd Infantry Brigade, presented the former rebels to the E-Clip committee members and Davao City Administrator Zuleika Lopez, who represented Mayor Sara Duterte.
Mempin expressed his gratitude to the E-Clip committee for their efforts, the units involved, and the city government for the successful implementation the program.
“The E-Clip program aims to provide a venue and option for rebels who already opted to lay down their arms and go back to mainstream society and live normal lives with their family,” he added.
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Hard as can be
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Free HIV testing and treatment still available at Davao’s RHWC
- Bakunahang Bayan launched at Tomas Claudio Health Center
- BOC-Davao continues Sasa Port modernization
- SEC Davao warns public vs. APower, OTCJKE
- Honorary Muslim Princess pursues Maranao museum
- PREACHING PaTIENCE | Endure Christmas gridlock a little longer – Mayor Duterte
- 2 suspects killed in shootout with police
- HEALTH OFFICIAL SAYS: Report personnel asking for VaxCert certificate payment