The 106 Dabawenyo participants in the National Schools Press Conference (NSPC) and the National Festival of Talents (NFOT) are on their way home Sunday, a Department of Education (DepEd) XI official said.
The NSPC and the NFOT were held respectively in Tuguegarao, Cagayan and Ilagan, Isabela, from March 9 to 13, a month after it was initially postponed from its originally Feb. 17-21 schedule due to the spread of Covid-19.
DepEd XI spokesperson Jenielito Atillo told TIMES in a text message that the contingent, composed of students and teachers coming from the 11 DepEd Schools Division Offices in the region, will land in General Santos City.
Mayor Sara Duterte on Sunday issued an executive order banning all flights to and from Clark airport in compliance to the Resolution 11 issued by the Covid-19 Inter-Agency Task Force (IAFT) following the announcement of President Rodrigo Duterte to ban all flights to and from Metro Manila.
Atillo said the city government has provided “for free” three vans to ferry the teachers and the students here in the city, “where those from other areas will be fetched also by their respective LGUs (local government units).”
“They will be fetched here in Davao City,” he said. “Davao City will be the meeting point from GenSan.”
Asked on what will happen to the teachers and students considering the recent quarantine measures declared in the city, Atillo said protocols are in placed.
“There are LGUs that required the participants to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine,” he said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021