The Region XI Taxi Operators Association (R-TOA) has called on its member operators to give rental discounts to their taxi drivers starting Friday as the city government imposed stricted guidelines amid the threat of local transmission of the COVID-19.
The city government has mandated the cancellation of events and recommending the public to refrain from going to public places as these requires massive gathering of people, to which the Department of Health (DOH) has been discouraging, on its recent directives.
R-TOA President Rogelio Largo appealed to taxi operators for the drivers to be given discounts on their rental starting Friday, as the recent guidelines could result in reduced volume of passengers.
“R-TOA advises all its member-operators to give a rental discount of not less than P200 to their taxi drivers beginning today until the public health emergency restrictions are lifted,” Largo said.
R- TOA also urged its member operators to ensure strict compliance with the directive of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) for all taxi drivers to properly wear face masks when on duty and sanitize their assigned taxi units before and after offering their services to the public.
- AboitizPower celebrates Women’s Month
- P31-million in fire damage recorded in Q1 2023
- Safe travels
- Dry spell looms
- No rest for weary as Davao City gears up for Holy Week
- 10th ID chief thanks security cluster for orderly Ironman
- ROUGH CUTS| Two new influential neighbors
- Bukidnon Ranch Shifts Away from Traditional Cattle Breeding through Bionova’s Biotech
- Davao City assesses safety measures after Ironman triathlete’s passing
- PRO XI to look into lapses after Ironman athlete crashes into boy