The persons under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 at Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) stand at five as of yesterday.
SPMC chief Dr. Leopoldo Vega told reporters yesterday that of that five PUIs, one is a foreign national, and the other four are Filipinos.
On Thursday, Department of Health Regional Director Annabelle Yumang said there are three PUIs at SPMC.
Vega said the four Filipinos have mild symptoms.
“As of now, we are still waiting for the results of the testing from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM),” he said.
Vega stressed that the public need not panic as no positive COVID-19 cases has been reported in the region.
The doctor said the two persons under monitoring (PUM) from Sarangani Province are admitted at SPMC. Vega said they might go home to Sarangani for home quarantine.
He said the two PUMs only have mild symptoms. They came from Japan last February.
Vega said the two PUMs were already quarantined in Sarangani but they also sought consultation at SPMC.
The SPMC head has lauded the city government for imposing advisories and guidelines against COVID-19.
“This is the best preemptive kind of decision wherein we will not wait for the time that it will very hard to contain the virus,” he said. “That’s really one way of doing the best kind of health system (that is) protecting in nature, so the virus itself can be contained.”
Vega also urged the public to follow these guidelines and other precautionary measures.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021