Mayor Sara Duterte has been given clearance by the City Health Office (CHO) to discontinue her voluntary isolation.
In a statement released by the Office of the City Mayor yesterday, Mayor Duterte was cleared by CHO head Dr. Josephine Villafuerte.
This was after confirmation effort conducted by the Mayor Duterte’s office with the Office of Senator Sherwin Gatchalian, stating that the senator did not have physical contact with the positive COVID-19 patient.
“After coordination with the Office of Senator Sherwin Gatchalian, who conducted a careful review of CCTV footage, it showed he did not have physical contact with the positive Covid-19 patient. Footage also showed Senator Gatchalian and the Covid-19 patient were far apart from each other the whole time,” the statement said.
The statement also revealed that the city mayor’s household employee who was earlier reported to be ill “has been diagnosed with tonsillitis and is now taking antibiotics and recovering well.”
“Because of these, Mayor Inday Sara Duterte has been given clearance by the Davao City Health Officer, Dr. Josephine Villafuerte, to discontinue her voluntary isolation,” the statement said.
Mayor Duterte voluntarily submitted herself under self-quarantine after she attended a lunch meeting with Senator Gatchalian earlier this week.
Meanwhile, the senator also announced earlier that he’s also isolating himself after one of the resource persons in a Senate hearing allegedly tested positive for COVID-19.
Villafuerte said the mayor signed up as person under monitoring (PUM) on Thursday, voluntarily submitting herself to self-quarantine despite not suffering from any flu-like symptoms.
In an interview on Thursday evening with the city government’s 87.5 Davao City Disaster Radio FM, Mayor Duterte said she was feeling well while staying on isolation in her house.
“Health wise, I have no problem. I do not feel unwell,” Duterte said.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021