The Department of Health (DOH) XI yesterday revealed that there are seven new admitted patients under investigation (PUIs) for Covid-19 in the region.
DOH XI director Annabelle Yumang told the local government-managed DCDR 87.5 FM that there are new PUIs admitted following the discharge of the two previous patients who were admitted Saturday but later tested negative.
“As of now we have a total of seven. We have three at Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) and we also have four in our Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC). These are patients under investigation,” she said.
SPMC is in Bajada, this city, while DRMC is in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
As of now, Yumang said, the patients are in good condition, noting that those previous PUIs who were previously admitted were also in good condition.
“Same as these currently admitted in our hospitals, they are in good condition (but) they are still under monitoring, because (this means) they are to be admitted in the hospital so as to (trace) and monitor their symptoms so it will not worsen. And also for a specimen to be taken from them to be examined if they are positive or negative of Covid-19,” she said.
Yumang did not specify as when these patients were admitted to the hospitals.
“I cannot (recall) but that’s as of today,” she added.
Yumang said the PUIs are just waiting for the results of their laboratory tests, adding that the PUIs are still not discharged.
“They are just waiting for the result. But they are yet to be discharged because they (have) symptoms,” she said.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art