The Department of Health (DOH) XI yesterday revealed that there are seven new admitted patients under investigation (PUIs) for Covid-19 in the region.
DOH XI director Annabelle Yumang told the local government-managed DCDR 87.5 FM that there are new PUIs admitted following the discharge of the two previous patients who were admitted Saturday but later tested negative.
“As of now we have a total of seven. We have three at Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) and we also have four in our Davao Regional Medical Center (DRMC). These are patients under investigation,” she said.
SPMC is in Bajada, this city, while DRMC is in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
As of now, Yumang said, the patients are in good condition, noting that those previous PUIs who were previously admitted were also in good condition.
“Same as these currently admitted in our hospitals, they are in good condition (but) they are still under monitoring, because (this means) they are to be admitted in the hospital so as to (trace) and monitor their symptoms so it will not worsen. And also for a specimen to be taken from them to be examined if they are positive or negative of Covid-19,” she said.
Yumang did not specify as when these patients were admitted to the hospitals.
“I cannot (recall) but that’s as of today,” she added.
Yumang said the PUIs are just waiting for the results of their laboratory tests, adding that the PUIs are still not discharged.
“They are just waiting for the result. But they are yet to be discharged because they (have) symptoms,” she said.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | May be it’s time for the SP to probe
- Former NPA rebel pinpoints location of buried weapons
- Drug suspect killed during buy-bust
- Simulation exercise vs. terror inside public school a success
- City joins Lunhaw Expo
- Davao de Oro Police Office hailed as best in Davao Region
- 14 barangays declared free of illegal drugs
- UPDATED PROMISE | Official: Bulk water project to start operations in March
- MAD Talks presents: Sa Ngayon, Padayon