A drug suspect was killed when he allegedly resisted arrest during a buy-bust in Calytrix Inn, Sitio Bakal, Barangay Leon Garcia, Agdao District at 3 p.m. on Wednesday.
He was identified as Carlo Borja Balane, 24, jobless, a resident of Piapi, Barangay 21-C.
Based on the report of the Sta. Ana Police Station, the Drug Enforcement Unit (SDEU) personnel launched an entrapment operation against the suspect. When he gave P500 worth of shabu to the poseur-buyer, they immediately tried to arrest him.
However, the suspect allegedly drew his firearm and shot the police operative, who then returned fire. Balane was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but he was declared dead by the attending physician.
Scene of the Crime Operative recovered one homemade caliber .38 revolver loaded with five live bullets, two misfired ammunition, and one fired cartridge. They also found two cartridges from a .9mm pistol and the P500 marked bill.
Also recovered from the suspect were nine sachets of shabu worth P5, 500, one Samsung cellphone, and P1,016 in cash.
Sta. Ana police commander, Maj. Michael Uyanguren said the suspect was considered a street-level target. He was the third most wanted drug personality in his jurisdiction, responsible for supplying clients in Quezon Boulevard and Agdao areas.
“The relentless support of barangay intelligence network in giving information will create a big factor in the decrease of drug peddling activities within the area of responsibility of this office, and as a whole,” he added.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1