The remaining patient under investigation (PUI) admitted at the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) has tested negative for the novel coronavirus disease (Covid-19), an official said.
This was confirmed yesterday by SPMC chief Leopoldo Vega via a text message to TIMES. “The test is negative for the PUI,” Vega said.
Previously, it was reported on Saturday that there were two PUIs admitted to the hospital after showing symptoms of Covid-19. The other one was already discharged after laboratory results taken from the samples of the patient came out negative.
Meanwhile, the latest PUI to have been cleared as negative of COVID-19 was reported to have arrived in Davao City from travel abroad on March 2, and immediately sought attention on March 5 after showing symptoms (cough and fever).
Earlier, the SPMC head said there is still no confirmed coronavirus case in the region. The Department of Health yesterday revealed that the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country has risen to 33.
“Let’s not get into a panic mode or try to be a problem, but instead, be a solution in terms of making sure that we can contain the virus in our region,” Vega said.
Vega has yet to respond to the inquiry as to when the patient would be released.
- GUEST EDITORIAL | A tribute to Fr. Swamy
- PARADIGM SHIFT | A New Geopolitical Paradigm Between Iran and China
- ROUGH CUTS | We need to restrain our ‘horses’
- COVID vaccination hotlines to receive calls from seniors
- 5 NPA rebels surrender in SK
- 2 nabbed for illegal substances
- MEDICAL LEAVE | Mayor Duterte in Singapore
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 8, 2021
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 7, 2021
- NCCC offers more ways to shop online