The Commission on Elections (Comelec) XI suspended yesterday the voters registration after President Rodrigo Duterte’s declaration of state of public health emergency in the country due to the novel coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19).
In a statement, Comelec Davao regional spokesperson Atty. Krisna Samantha Caballero said they received the memorandum coming from the central office of Comelec last Monday.
Caballero advised residents who want to be registered to go to the Comelec on or after March 31, the scheduled resumption of the registration.
The deadline for the voters registration is set in September of 2021.
Caballero had said they expect that the 87,000 deactivated voters last year would register again this year for the upcoming barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections set on 2022.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1