The Commission on Elections (Comelec) XI suspended yesterday the voters registration after President Rodrigo Duterte’s declaration of state of public health emergency in the country due to the novel coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19).
In a statement, Comelec Davao regional spokesperson Atty. Krisna Samantha Caballero said they received the memorandum coming from the central office of Comelec last Monday.
Caballero advised residents who want to be registered to go to the Comelec on or after March 31, the scheduled resumption of the registration.
The deadline for the voters registration is set in September of 2021.
Caballero had said they expect that the 87,000 deactivated voters last year would register again this year for the upcoming barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections set on 2022.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence