A 4-YEAR-OLD girl died after she was attacked by a King Cobra (banakon) in a cornfield located in Barangay Malagos, Baguio District on Monday at 9:50 a.m.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, Davao City Police Office spokesperson, said Arlen Upla, the mother of the victim, reported that while they were busy harvesting the corn, her daughter told her that she was bitten by a snake.
During the said incident, Argie Hermoginez, the grandmother, heard the little girl shouting and crying. She ran toward the location of her granddaughter and even saw the snake slither into the drainage and disappear.
After the incident, the victim was brought to Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Barangay Calinan but succumbed to the venom before the doctors could attend to her.
For now, the body of the victim now lies in Angel Funeral Parlor in Calinan Disctrict.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021