A 4-YEAR-OLD girl died after she was attacked by a King Cobra (banakon) in a cornfield located in Barangay Malagos, Baguio District on Monday at 9:50 a.m.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, Davao City Police Office spokesperson, said Arlen Upla, the mother of the victim, reported that while they were busy harvesting the corn, her daughter told her that she was bitten by a snake.
During the said incident, Argie Hermoginez, the grandmother, heard the little girl shouting and crying. She ran toward the location of her granddaughter and even saw the snake slither into the drainage and disappear.
After the incident, the victim was brought to Isaac T. Robillo Hospital in Barangay Calinan but succumbed to the venom before the doctors could attend to her.
For now, the body of the victim now lies in Angel Funeral Parlor in Calinan Disctrict.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1