A Japanese national and a former overseas Filipino worker were arrested by the elements of Panabo City police in a buy-bust operation in Purok 4, Kalubihan, Barangay New Visayas at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified them as Naoki Suzuki Iguchi, 50, a resident of Calinan, Davao City, and Marcilino Manego Leocadio, 40, married, a resident of Purok 4, Kalubihan.
According to the report, both suspects were arrested for selling alleged shabu to a police poseur-buyer. The drugs were valued at P200,000.
Confiscated from their possession of the suspect were four sachets containing substance believed to be shabu from a blue Unisilver pouch, one Caspian .45 caliber pistol with one magazine, and six live bullets.
The operation was initiated by the Panabo City Police Station, led by their Maj. Ernesto Gregor, personnel of the 2nd Davao del Norte Provincial Mobile Force Company under the direct supervision of Lt. Col. Feluvini Consuegra, and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Davao Norte Provincial Office.
The arrested suspects are now under the custody of Panabo City Police Station.
- ROUGH CUTS| One lesson that must be learned
- Probe into ‘abductions’
- CSC XI urges more applicants for the August 2023 CS Exam
- National Academy of Sports now accepting scholarship applicants
- DCPO asks for responsible social media use to avoid creating panic
- Power disruptions on June 4, 5, and 6 in different parts of Davao City
- SM wins ICSC MAXI Awards 2023
- Fatal association
- Over 19,000 child laborers rescued
- Davao Culinary Cup returns after hiatus