A Japanese national and a former overseas Filipino worker were arrested by the elements of Panabo City police in a buy-bust operation in Purok 4, Kalubihan, Barangay New Visayas at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified them as Naoki Suzuki Iguchi, 50, a resident of Calinan, Davao City, and Marcilino Manego Leocadio, 40, married, a resident of Purok 4, Kalubihan.
According to the report, both suspects were arrested for selling alleged shabu to a police poseur-buyer. The drugs were valued at P200,000.
Confiscated from their possession of the suspect were four sachets containing substance believed to be shabu from a blue Unisilver pouch, one Caspian .45 caliber pistol with one magazine, and six live bullets.
The operation was initiated by the Panabo City Police Station, led by their Maj. Ernesto Gregor, personnel of the 2nd Davao del Norte Provincial Mobile Force Company under the direct supervision of Lt. Col. Feluvini Consuegra, and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Davao Norte Provincial Office.
The arrested suspects are now under the custody of Panabo City Police Station.
- Capacity building for differently-abled persons cooperative continues with dressmaking training
- Globe backs calls for ICT policy reforms
- Ford PH enriches ownership experience with FordPass
- GCash removes clickable links in SMS, emails to improve security of users
- City gov’t, Poland eye areas of cooperation
- NEFM hosts maritime exercise
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | What did the hearing achieve?
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Malabar for breakfast
- Gift of Art