A Japanese national and a former overseas Filipino worker were arrested by the elements of Panabo City police in a buy-bust operation in Purok 4, Kalubihan, Barangay New Visayas at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday.
Maj. Eudisan Gultiano, the spokesperson of Police Regional Office XI, identified them as Naoki Suzuki Iguchi, 50, a resident of Calinan, Davao City, and Marcilino Manego Leocadio, 40, married, a resident of Purok 4, Kalubihan.
According to the report, both suspects were arrested for selling alleged shabu to a police poseur-buyer. The drugs were valued at P200,000.
Confiscated from their possession of the suspect were four sachets containing substance believed to be shabu from a blue Unisilver pouch, one Caspian .45 caliber pistol with one magazine, and six live bullets.
The operation was initiated by the Panabo City Police Station, led by their Maj. Ernesto Gregor, personnel of the 2nd Davao del Norte Provincial Mobile Force Company under the direct supervision of Lt. Col. Feluvini Consuegra, and Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) Davao Norte Provincial Office.
The arrested suspects are now under the custody of Panabo City Police Station.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021