The Annual Shake Off Drill in the city is set in July.
“We are just finalizing when the (exact) date is, maybe it will be on the third or fourth week of July,” said Lyndon Ancajas, the administration and training chief of the City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (CDRRMO).
Ancajas said they are increasing the level of the scenarios during the drill.
“For how many years, we have been focusing more on hospitals. Now we will increase the scenarios and extend it to more government offices like the City Hall,” Ancajas told reporters during the recent I-Speak media forum.
“This is for the preparedness of the people in terms of disaster. We want the people to be aware of the don’ts and dos when there is a calamity. That is why we have increased the level into the worst case scenario a city would experience during calamities,” he said.
As of now, no further specifications are yet to be bared since the CDRRMO is currently planning for the said drill.
The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) is also planning to have a symposium showcasing their equipment, activities, and plans on cases of fire incidents. This is also in line of the fire prevention month which is celebrated during March.
Ancajas said all updates will be posted and be released to the public as soon as they have finalized everything.
“We are continuously advocating for disaster preparedness. We will be conducting these for public awareness and to be disaster-resilient,” he said. (with reports from Cherry Lyn Castillo and Melecia Megan Castillo, Jr/UM Interns)
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- FANTASTIC BEASTS | The secrets of dumbledore, and more titles streaming on HBO go via sky
- Residents urged to be vigilant vs COVID-19
- ROUGH CUTS | Davao City’s other face
- SEC issues cease and desist order against Wellcons Unlimited Systems, Inc.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 29, 2022
- DOLE brings livelihood grants to Davao de Oro
- Statement on affirmation of revocation of Rappler’s Corporate Registration
- No untoward incident during oath-taking of incoming mayor
- City, DavOr, 5 towns under Alert Level 1