On March 8, women and yes, men, across the world mark International Women’s day to celebrate the gains women have achieved since it all began in 1911, while pushing for gender equality. This year, the theme is Each for Equal, highlighting the sustained collective action for women and for men.
The United Nation’s Women, said the campaign “provides a unified direction.” This is the call worldwide.
“An equal world is an enabled world. Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day.
“We can actively choose to challenge stereotypes, fight bias, broaden perceptions, improve situations and celebrate women’s achievements. Collectively, each one of us can help create a gender equal world.
“Let’s all be #EachforEqual.
“Equality is not a women’s issue, it’s a business issue. Gender equality is essential for economies and communities to thrive. A gender equal world can be healthier, wealthier and more harmonious – so what’s not great about that?
“The race is on for the gender equal boardroom, a gender equal government, gender equal media coverage, gender equal workplaces, gender equal sports coverage, more gender equality in health and wealth … so let’s make it happen.
“Let’s be #EachforEqual.
“The IWD 2020 campaign theme is drawn from a notion of ‘Collective Individualism.’ We are all parts of a whole. Our individual actions, conversations, behaviors and mindsets can have an impact on our larger society.
“Collectively, we can make change happen. Collectively, we can each help to create a gender equal world.
“We can all choose to be #EachforEqual.”
- Migs Dominguez is new Alsons Dev director
- This is it — #AngSignNaHanapMo to achieve your beauty goals
- JIB’s IChef Makes History as Mindanao’s First Halal-Certified Institution
- EGALITARIAN l Weak Peso to Our Advantage
- HONORING MY MOTHER l Cleaning as lifesaver (a Rewrite)
- ROUGH CUTS l Men are created equal?
- 2 cops nabbed for involvement in Gensan robbery; superiors relieved
- P2.448-M in shabu seized in Toril raid
- Residents urged vote for city in global contest
- Davaoeña is new head of TPB