A government employee who allegedly duped clients of City Engineers Office (CEO) was arrested in an entrapment operation along San Pedro Street outside a shopping center fronting City Hall yesterday morning.
In a report to Mayor Sara Duterte, the Davao City Police Office (DCPO) identified the suspect as Roberto Dalagan Limboy, 45, from Barangay Crossing Bayabas, Toril District.
Limboy, a government employee assigned as CEO driver, allegedly used the name Engr. Tommy in “extorting money” from the CEO clients who are processing building occupancy permit.
Engr. Cirinia Grace Catubig, the acting city building official of the City Engineers Office, went to DCPO last Feb. 21 to lodge a complaint against the suspect who allegedly pretended as an engineer in his illegal operation.
Immediately, Lt. Col. Noel Asumen, the intelligence chief of the DCPO’s Intel Branch, formed a team led by Executive Master Sergeant (EMS) Elbert Matilac to conduct validation against the illegal activities of the suspect.
An entrapment operation was then set yesterday morning along San Pedro Street just few meters away from both City Hall and the CEO.
The suspect received the documents and the P19,500 grease money (one real P500 bill and machine copy of different denominations) placed inside a brown envelope from the poseur, a building administrator.
Police then arrested the suspect at 8:45 a.m.
Operatives recovered the documents and the marked money from the suspect. A mobile phone was also confiscated.
The DCPO report said they will file robbery-extortion, usurpation of authority and violation of the anti-graft and corrupt practices against the now-detained Limboy.
- Responder drowns
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Going your own way
- ROUGH CUTS| What’s behind Mayor Baste’s silence?
- Davao ICon 2023 showcases the region’s finest
- BJMP XI offers free rides every Thursdays this month
- FORTY-SOMETHING FIRST-TIME MOM | Confessions of an angry mama
- EGALITARIAN: Nano industry and spectrum of industries
- Globe Group shares story of purpose-led transformation in UN’s Vision 2045 documentary series
- Davao Light energizes four sitios in Davao del Norte
- Full confidence