The Police Regional Office XI facilitated the surrender of five former communist guerrillas from Bukidnon, Agusan del Sur, and Davao del Norte.
Davao regional director, Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, said alias Nick, a squad medic of Front Committee 89 operating in Kabangsalang, Malaybalay to Impasog-ong, Bukidnon, was the one who first surrendered.
He was helped by the different units supervised by Col. Edgar Alan Okubo, the deputy regional director for operations, such as the Regional Intelligence Division, Regional Logistics and Research Development Division, Regional Mobile Force Battalion, Davao del Norte and Davao del Sur Police provincial offices, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group XI, PRO XI, PRO III, and 1001st Brigade, 10th Infantry Division.
The team then coordinated with the Anti-Kidnapping Group-Mindanao Field Unit-Internal Security operation (AKG-MFU-ISO), Agusan del Sur and the 26th Infantry Battalion to facilitate the surrender of two more rebels.
They were identified as alias Rob, team leader, and alias Bong, both from the Front Committee 88, in Barangay Marbon, Talacogon, Agusan del Sur.
Earlier on Monday, the composite team coordinated with the 1003rd Brigade, 10th Infantry Division, 1st Special Action Battalion and 4th SAB, Special Action Force, CIDG XI, and Regional Health Service, facilitated the surrender of alias Piken, team leader of Guerrilla Front 56, and alias Langilan, Milisyang Bayan of Front 55 in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
In his statement, the regional director was grateful as the rebels choose the regional office to facilitate their surrender.
“Ang pagpili nila sa ating rehiyon ay patunay lamang ng ating sinseridad upang tulungan ang sinuman miyembro ng NPA naghahangad na magbalik loob sa atin gobyerno,” Escobal said.
“With this, PRO 11 will continue to strengthen our effort to End the Local Communist Armed Conflict before the term of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte ends,” he further added.
- ROUGH CUTS | Run that nuclear power plant
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – MAY 25, 2022
- DTI 11 urges consumers to help in monitoring new SRPs
- SCENE CITY | Pidoks blesses fourth branch
- WANDERLUST | DA, NCCA, DOT lead Filipino Food Month celebration
- Next admin told | Build Samal bridge to improve DavNor power
- Tagum City sets record for most biodiverse observations
- CCCs offer free swabbing, teleconsultation services
- ‘Multi-layered security plan’ readied for Sara’s oathtaking
- City still enjoys low rates for COVID, 2 weeks after polls