The Police Regional Office XI facilitated the surrender of five former communist guerrillas from Bukidnon, Agusan del Sur, and Davao del Norte.
Davao regional director, Brig. Gen. Filmore Escobal, said alias Nick, a squad medic of Front Committee 89 operating in Kabangsalang, Malaybalay to Impasog-ong, Bukidnon, was the one who first surrendered.
He was helped by the different units supervised by Col. Edgar Alan Okubo, the deputy regional director for operations, such as the Regional Intelligence Division, Regional Logistics and Research Development Division, Regional Mobile Force Battalion, Davao del Norte and Davao del Sur Police provincial offices, Criminal Investigation and Detection Group XI, PRO XI, PRO III, and 1001st Brigade, 10th Infantry Division.
The team then coordinated with the Anti-Kidnapping Group-Mindanao Field Unit-Internal Security operation (AKG-MFU-ISO), Agusan del Sur and the 26th Infantry Battalion to facilitate the surrender of two more rebels.
They were identified as alias Rob, team leader, and alias Bong, both from the Front Committee 88, in Barangay Marbon, Talacogon, Agusan del Sur.
Earlier on Monday, the composite team coordinated with the 1003rd Brigade, 10th Infantry Division, 1st Special Action Battalion and 4th SAB, Special Action Force, CIDG XI, and Regional Health Service, facilitated the surrender of alias Piken, team leader of Guerrilla Front 56, and alias Langilan, Milisyang Bayan of Front 55 in Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
In his statement, the regional director was grateful as the rebels choose the regional office to facilitate their surrender.
“Ang pagpili nila sa ating rehiyon ay patunay lamang ng ating sinseridad upang tulungan ang sinuman miyembro ng NPA naghahangad na magbalik loob sa atin gobyerno,” Escobal said.
“With this, PRO 11 will continue to strengthen our effort to End the Local Communist Armed Conflict before the term of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte ends,” he further added.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021