The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) will conduct a two-day level 2 shooting competition on March 7-8 in Camp Quintin Merecido in Catitipan to test the proficiency of law enforcers.
City police director Col. Kirby John Kraft told reporters yesterday in a press briefing held at its conference room, said that the event is meant to raise funds. Part of the proceeds will go to the gun safety training of police officers in the city.
“This is one way also of supporting the National Task Force ELCAC and by participating in this event, we show that we support the order of the President,” he said.
Kraft said the first day will be dedicated to police officers and Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) personnel. Civilians can participate on the second day. A pistol competition will be conducted with a registration fee of P1,400 pesos.
He said all the 12 station commanders, City Mobile Force Company, Special Weapons and Tactics team and Traffic Group will send one team to the shooting event.
Also, other police provincial offices and city police stations in the region were invited to participate.
Oliver Autor, the Philippine Shooters and Match Officers Confederation (PSMOC) manager in Area XI, said there will be eight stages in the competition. They calibrated some of the stages to mimic police operations.
There will be different categories from AFP and PNP, Civilian and Senior and Junior, as well as lady shooters.
Also, Nicanor David, district manager of PSMOC, said the courses of the upcoming level 2 shooting competition are based on actual events that occurred here in Davao City.
“The purpose of which is to enhance the proficiency of PNP personnel in handling cases,” David said.
Autor said the PSMOC is committed to partner with the AFP and PNP in promoting responsible gun ownership and basics of gun handling.
“So that people who would be interested to join will be well-oriented and will be safer in using their guns for a legal purpose,” he added.
On March 6, the PSMOC will also be conducting a refresher’s course and match officers seminar and training on gun safety.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021