Soldiers from the different battalions of 4th Infantry Division started to undergo the intensified counter-terrorism training by the 4th Division Training School (4DTS) in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon on Feb. 29.
The training intends to improve the tactical proficiency of soldiers in combating terrorist, particularly the remaining members of the Communist New People’s Army rebels in Northern Mindanao.
These will include various training in rapid deployment using the air assets of the Philippine Air Force, night firing using night vision goggles, sniper training, combat tracking and bomb detection using K9 dogs, target acquisition training, thermal imaging device, and drone operation training.
The 4th Infantry Division poured out its resources in providing the ideal training facilities and equipment needed by the soldiers. These include rappel tower, obstacle course, urban combat training facility, known distance firing range, mock patrol base and jungle area.
Lt. Col. Ronald Illana, upon his assumption as commandant of the training school, made sure that they are prepared in accommodating the second lieutenants and organic personnel from the different units. He also invited resource persons and technical transfer for optimum knowledge transfer.
Maj. Gen. Franco Nemesio M. Gacal, commander of the 4ID, said during the assumption ceremony of 4DTS last Feb. 19 expressed his full support to school.
“Let us sustain the culture of excellence that you are well known for by providing the school with the best and the brightest trainors. Let us ensure the availability of all military training equipment, facilities, and resources so that every graduate of the school will be ready and capable to walk a tough road ahead,” Gacal said.
The concept of the training is more focused in practical exercises with simulation scenarios closely similar with situations happening in the ground, in support of the National Task Force in Ending Local Communist Armed Conflict.
“We are winning this fight but we do not rest on our laurels. We should invest more in training, especially on the use of hi-tech military air and ground assets to defeat the terrorists,” Illana said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success