Park Inn by Radisson Davao collaborated with Vanessa Orig Pacheco of Craft Breads and Pastries for an afternoon of bread talk last Feb. 20 at the hotel’s RBG Bar and Grill.
The Dabawenya artisan baker shared her knowledge on bread basics to RBG patrons, special guests, and members of the local media.
Pacheco discovered her passion for baking when she and husband Robin migrated to Canada in 2000. She completed the Artisan Bread Baking and Baking Arts Certificates at George Brown College in 2016.
Her bread and pastry line centers on European-style baked goods, such as scones, sourdough loaves, focaccia, cinnamon babka, brioche loaf, panettone, cheese roll, and challah, which she also introduced at RBG.
During her presentation, she also gave the audience a bread tasting demo to show the distinct characteristics of the different types of bread.
According to Lish Babela, the hotel’s marketing and communications manager, Park Inn by Radisson Davao is initially collaborating with Craft Breads and Pastries for their breakfast buffet. They will soon move towards gourmet breads for sandwiches and toasts.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021