The motorcycle convoy of Mayor Sara Duterte figured in a road accident in Barangay Madaum, Tagum City, Davao del Norte on Sunday morning.
Duterte rushed to help those who were hurt during the incident along Purok Katipunan, Madaum around 8 a.m.
The Tagum City Police, based on its investigation, said motorcycle driver Jocias Casilao, 58, and rider Elmer Casilao, both from Barangay Madaum, were traveling ahead of the mayor’s convoy.
Upon reaching Purok Katipunan in their way to Maco in Davao de Oro, Jocias maneuvered a left turn but hit a stray dog. This caused him to lose control.
Allan Gaviola, a motorcycle rider reportedly in the motorcycle convoy of the mayor, saw the crashing of the Casilaos’ motorcycle. Gaviola, a resident of Sunrise Village, Barangay Matina Aplaya, tried to avoid a collision but instead lost control of his motorcycle. He also fell from his motorcycle.
The three riders sustained injuries and were rushed to the Tagum Doctors Hospital. They are now in stable condition.
The mayor’s convoy was reportedly heading to Davao Oriental.
However, an ABS-CBN report said a witness pointed that it was Gaviola who hit the motorcycle riding by the Casilaos.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success