The motorcycle convoy of Mayor Sara Duterte figured in a road accident in Barangay Madaum, Tagum City, Davao del Norte on Sunday morning.
Duterte rushed to help those who were hurt during the incident along Purok Katipunan, Madaum around 8 a.m.
The Tagum City Police, based on its investigation, said motorcycle driver Jocias Casilao, 58, and rider Elmer Casilao, both from Barangay Madaum, were traveling ahead of the mayor’s convoy.
Upon reaching Purok Katipunan in their way to Maco in Davao de Oro, Jocias maneuvered a left turn but hit a stray dog. This caused him to lose control.
Allan Gaviola, a motorcycle rider reportedly in the motorcycle convoy of the mayor, saw the crashing of the Casilaos’ motorcycle. Gaviola, a resident of Sunrise Village, Barangay Matina Aplaya, tried to avoid a collision but instead lost control of his motorcycle. He also fell from his motorcycle.
The three riders sustained injuries and were rushed to the Tagum Doctors Hospital. They are now in stable condition.
The mayor’s convoy was reportedly heading to Davao Oriental.
However, an ABS-CBN report said a witness pointed that it was Gaviola who hit the motorcycle riding by the Casilaos.
- The spirit of summer at Kultura
- Soldiers clash with NPA, recover firearm, ammo
- Man busted in drug bust
- GenSan records first UK variant
- Message of Presidential Peace Adviser, National Task Force against COVID-19 Chief Implementer and Vaccine Czar Secretary Carlito G. Galvez, Jr. on the observance of the Holy Month of Ramadan 2021
- ROUGH CUTS | We cannot win vs. CoViD with this
- TIMESMAN | Our silver wedding anniversary!
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- WORK IN ISOLATION | Allow COVID-19 employees to continue work in facilities: Sara
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 15, 2021