Another arms cache was discovered by members of the 73rd Infantry Battalion in Sitio Salyan, Barangay Sapu Masla, Malapatan, Sarangani Province on Saturday morning.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command (EastMinCom), said an alias Tarzan, a former member of the NPA, tipped the soldiers on the hidden rifles owned by the rebels upon his surrender on Feb. 27.
Soldiers recovered two M16 rifles and one AK47.
It can be recalled that on Feb. 25, the same unit discovered one AK47 and one Garand rifle hidden in Sitio Mahayag, Upper Suyan, Malapatan, Sarangani Province.
On the same date, the 66th Infantry Battalion discovered an arms cache in an isolated area of Sitio Danawan, Barangay Manurigao, New Bataan, Davao de Oro, yielding 11 firearms.
In a separate instance, elements of the 88th Infantry Battalion seized another stockpile of firearms and ammunition in the vicinity of Biblisan, Sitio Pantaron, Barangay Banlag, Valencia City, Bukidnon on the afternoon of Feb. 28.
Recovered from that operation were seven shotguns, one Garand rifle, a banned landmine and detonating cords, four .38 caliber revolvers, bullets, and a handheld radio.
In Sitio Ulingan, Barangay Manobo, Magpet, North Cotabato, soldiers found one US Springfield rifle, a landmine, and subversive documents on Feb. 25.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS |That’s what Friends are for”
- P300-K BOUNTY | Reward offered to solve woman’s murder
- 10th ID commander finishes tour of duty
- Army cripples two NPA committees in the region
- Catch Levi’s x Pokémon in SM
- DBP bats for changes to its charter amidst expanded role in economic recovery
- CARD MBA receives Golden Arrow Award
- 9 Things Filipino Jobseekers Shouldn’t Include in Their Resume
- AIA Philam Life provides health protection for every Filipino family
- Watsons and SM Cares partner for Trash to Cash recycling market