Operatives seized P165,000 worth of shabu from a bus passenger at the checkpoint of Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Wednesday, Feb. 26.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, identified the suspect as Forest Tabanao Pastrana, 34, of Rosalina Village, Puan, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District.
Yecla said they confiscated two plastic sachets of suspected shabu, weighting about 10.30 grams, worth P165,600.
The suspect was onboard a public utility bus traveling from Tagum City, Davao del Norte. The bus reached the checkpoint at 3:30 p.m. and the operatives inspected all the passengers, resulting to the discovery of the illegal drugs.
For this year alone, operatives at the city’s three entrance checkpoints – composed of TFD soldiers and Davao City Police Office personnel – already seized P3.7 million worth of illegal drugs and arrested 30 persons.
“We laud the professionalism of our troops manning the checkpoint,” Yecla said. “Their efforts in learning and sharing the best practice produce best results.”
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories