Operatives seized P165,000 worth of shabu from a bus passenger at the checkpoint of Barangay Alejandra Navarro (Lasang), Bunawan District on Wednesday, Feb. 26.
Col. Consolito Yecla, the Task Force Davao commander, identified the suspect as Forest Tabanao Pastrana, 34, of Rosalina Village, Puan, Barangay Talomo Proper, Talomo District.
Yecla said they confiscated two plastic sachets of suspected shabu, weighting about 10.30 grams, worth P165,600.
The suspect was onboard a public utility bus traveling from Tagum City, Davao del Norte. The bus reached the checkpoint at 3:30 p.m. and the operatives inspected all the passengers, resulting to the discovery of the illegal drugs.
For this year alone, operatives at the city’s three entrance checkpoints – composed of TFD soldiers and Davao City Police Office personnel – already seized P3.7 million worth of illegal drugs and arrested 30 persons.
“We laud the professionalism of our troops manning the checkpoint,” Yecla said. “Their efforts in learning and sharing the best practice produce best results.”
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success