The City Field Office of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has called on associations and cooperatives to become its cooperators for the implementation of the Shared Service Facilities (SSF) program.
During the Wednesday’s Habi at Kape media forum in Abreeza, Rachel Remitio, DTI city director, said her office has about P20 million in SSF budget.
“Ngayon natin nakita na kailangan ng additional equipment (for cooperators),” Remitio said, adding that those groups that are applying to become cooperators must “good business practice for the last three years.”
She added that only those that make products from raw materials in the city could become recipients of the program.
Remitio said the agency is in need of cooperators who are willing to take charge of associations and cooperatives so that they would be given assistance by the DTI.
“We are in need of cooperators, meaning associations and cooperatives, who can be recipients,” she said.
They are currently working with the City Cooperative Development Office who would provide them with cooperatives that they can assist.
Remitio said that groups need to submit their proposals that will be submitted to Regional Technical Working Group which will evaluate whether they are qualified.
In the city, among the approved projects this year are Ateneo Shoe Academy where they have earmarked P8 million for its equipment; Agri Solutions Marketing Cooperative with P5 million for its coco peat production; Enhancement of Fabrication Laboratory in University of Southeastern Philippines with P660,000; and Indigenous People in Marilog garment industry support with P166,000.
SSF is a project by DTI that aims to improve the quality and productivity of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises by providing machineries and equipment.
It is one of the priority projects of the agency. Since 2014, the project has provided assistance to businesses by providing equipment to associations and cooperatives.
One of their success stories was the Mindanao Association of Muslims with Disability. (MAMDI) which was composed of graduates from Ateneo Shoe Academy.
The products of the shoemakers became the best sellers during last year’s trade expo and they now have their own store in Agdao.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success