A 20-year-old student was arrested after he was allegedly caught with illegal drugs in Sasa Wharf at 10:21 a.m. yesterday.
He was identified as Bulfa Nikko Springael, single, a resident of Elenita Heights, Catalunan Grande.
Maj. Jerome De Guzman, the newly installed commander of the Sasa Police Station, said that a SCAA-II John Dale Delos Santos Juaton informed them about the suspect they detained at the wharf.
The suspect was reportedly on board a Suzuki motorcycle when he was stopped for inspection by the tourist police at the port entrance.
However, they saw the suspect taking an item inside his bag and tried to stuff it on the seat of his motorcycle, under his buttocks. They then ordered the suspect to get up and reveal the contents of the item.
They saw a white eyeglass pouch, which allegedly contained two sachets of dried marijuana fruiting tops. The weed weighed about seven grams with an estimated street value of P10,500.
De Guzman said the apprehension of the suspect was the result of the intensified campaign of the PNP and the AFP against illegal drugs, with the help of the community.
The suspect is now under the custody of the Sta. Ana Police Station while a case is prepared against him for violating RA 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories