The Provincial Development Council (PDC) of Davao Oriental has endorsed to Regional Development Council several key projects, including the P500 million road that will connect three four barangays in Mati City.
Based on the press statement from the provincial government Monday, Gov. Nelson L. Dayanghirang, chair of the council, called the meeting to endorse that the road project was a request of the Mati City Development Council (MCDC) and will connect the barangays of Langka, Luban, Cabuaya and Macambol.
Another project that the body endorsed based on the request of the MCDC was the funding for fish port. The council also endorsed funding requests for 11 commercial carrier fishing vessels amounting P65 million to the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR); priority infrastructure projects under the “For Comprehensive Release (FCR)” and “For Later Release (FLR)” for calendar year 2021 of the Department of Public Works and Highways Second Engineering District; and requests for additional funding for the construction of the Davao Oriental Sports Complex, Davao Oriental Tourism Complex, and Lupon Gymnasium.
Another proposal was the additional P20 million fund request addressed to the Office of the President for 10 identified barangays where the security sector of the government has cleared from influence of the communist rebels. Ednar G. Dayanghirang, provincial chief of staff and vice chair of the provincial council, said these projects were part of the implementation of the End Local Communist Armed Conflict.
“This is timely because we already required the barangays to activate their respective Barangay Development Councils,” said Dayanghirang.
The provincial council said that although these projects were already deliberated at the RDC XI, it still needs to endorse the projects to the regional body based on the statement of Cabinet Officer for Regional Development and Security and concurrent Department of Budget and Management secretary Wendel Avisado that all project proposals, including the ones through congressional funds, should have proper review by the RDC.
The projects endorsed are now set to be forwarded to RDC XI who will also endorse them to the national agencies involved.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success