Authorities confiscated from chainsaw operator almost P500,000 worth of illegal drugs during a buy-bust in Purok Sta. Cruz, Barangay Indangan, around 2 a.m. yesterday.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, Sta. Ana Police Station commander, identified the suspect as Rex Tahir Musa, 42, married, and a resident of Barangay Inug-ug, Pagalungan, Maguindanao.
Uyanguren said the suspect was arrested he handed a sachet of alleged shabu to the poseur-buyer.
Reportedly recovered from the suspect were one big sachet containing alleged shabu, coin purse containing P108, one Nokia cellphone, and P1,000 cash.
He said the suspect was listed in the Directorate for Intelligence drugs watchlist and accordingly, the illegal drugs are coming from Cotabato City.
According to him, the drugs seized from the suspect weighed 30 grams, with an estimated street value of P480,000.
Meanwhile, a construction worker and lending collector were arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted at General Malvar Street, Brgy. 7-A, Davao City on Saturday at 7:40 pm.
Maj. Michael Uyanguren, the Sta. Ana Police Station commander, identified the suspects as Karl Aaron Casaba Pogoy, 20, and a resident of General Malvar Street, Barangay 7-A, and James Carlo Casaba, 26, and a resident of Cory Village, Barangay Paciano Bangoy.
Confiscated from them were nine sachets of shabu weighing 2.5 grams with a street value of P35,000, a coin purse, an Asus cellphone, and P500 money.
Reportedly, the suspects sold to unemployed individuals within their neighborhood. They are now detained in the Sta. Ana Police Station, facing a case for violating sections 5 and 11 of the Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act.
- Campaign highlights importance of supporting children, says WV
- Airline heeds call for faster vaccine rollout
- The mom, her 3 kids and the work that gave her more
- Mask for a Cause at Kultura
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- `E-sabong’ gets nod
- NO TO MIXING | Expert urges residents to register for jabs, warns vs vaccine mixing
- EastMinCom units rewarded with cash
- High infection rate indicates better approach vs virus, say
- 2 nabbed, P1-M in shabu seized