An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) who ranked fourth in the Paquibato Police Station’s most wanted list was arrested in Farm Village, Barangay Ilang, Bunawan District at 6:30 p.m. yesterday.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified him as Abel Onsad Ali, 31, residing in Barangay Tapak, Paquibato District.
Ali was apprehended during the conduct of anti-criminality, terrorism, and clearing operation of the Paquibato Police Station, led by Capt. Arcadio De Dios, deputy station commander under the supervision of Capt. Mervin Montecillo, the officer-in-charge.
Aguilar said Ali has a standing warrant of arrest for the crime of murder with CC# R-DVO-19-01594-CR.
The order was issued by RTC XI Branch 54 Judge Melinda Alconcel Dayanghirang on April 26, 2019 at Ecoland, Davao City. No bail recommended for the accused.
Allegedly, the suspect tried to resist arrest, which resulted in some scratches throughout his body. He is now detained in Paquibato Police Station.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories