An alleged member of the New People’s Army (NPA) who ranked fourth in the Paquibato Police Station’s most wanted list was arrested in Farm Village, Barangay Ilang, Bunawan District at 6:30 p.m. yesterday.
Capt. Rosario Aguilar, the spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified him as Abel Onsad Ali, 31, residing in Barangay Tapak, Paquibato District.
Ali was apprehended during the conduct of anti-criminality, terrorism, and clearing operation of the Paquibato Police Station, led by Capt. Arcadio De Dios, deputy station commander under the supervision of Capt. Mervin Montecillo, the officer-in-charge.
Aguilar said Ali has a standing warrant of arrest for the crime of murder with CC# R-DVO-19-01594-CR.
The order was issued by RTC XI Branch 54 Judge Melinda Alconcel Dayanghirang on April 26, 2019 at Ecoland, Davao City. No bail recommended for the accused.
Allegedly, the suspect tried to resist arrest, which resulted in some scratches throughout his body. He is now detained in Paquibato Police Station.
- Insular Life launches Prime Secure Lite, affordable term life insurance with additional COVID-19 coverage
- GO NEGOSYO HITS 2 MILLION FB FOLLOWERS
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – May 12, 2021
- PROTECTING THE ELDERLY | 300 senior citizens get vaccine shots at two COVID-19 jab sites
- 126 barangay workers benefit from Chinese- donated supplies
- City has the budget to cover more free swab tests | Sara
- 23 rebels with pending arrest warrants surrender to DCPO
- AFP to detail 117 military athletes to PSC
- WANDERLUST | Seda Abreeza: celebrating a meaningful anniversary
- ANALYSIS | UNAIDS chief to make first virtual mission