Three individuals allegedly selling refilled LPG butane canisters were arrested by elements of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) Davao in Bankerohan Public Market at 11:45 p.m. on Wednesday.
Maj. Milgrace Driz, CIDG-Davao City Field Unit head, identified them as Allen Dave Degamo Saga, Jemar Abenoja, and Rodel Quillosa.
The CIDG operatives partnered with the San Pedro Police Station for the entrapment operation, resulting in the arrest of the suspects.
Confiscated from their possession were 1,608 pieces of butane canisters with a market value of P48,240; P2,000 in boodle money; white Mitsubishi L300 van with plate number LHE 303; and P5,400 cash.
The arrested are now detained in the San Pedro Police Station, facing a case for violation of BP 33, as amended by PD 1865.
Last week, CIDG operatives also confiscated nearly 1,000 refilled butane canisters from a trader during an entrapment operation along Lopez Jaena Street, Barangay 76-A.
He was identified as Jobert C. Bagay. Confiscated from his possession were 984 LPG-refilled canisters with a market value of P32,472, along with the P2,000 marked money.
According to the report, the CIDG and the San Pedro Police Station launched the operation after securing a copy from the Department of Energy that the suspect was not accredited to sell the canisters.
- Xendit launches cardless installment option in PH
- Security Bank and Krungsri approve capital infusion to SB Finance
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ADD’L DOSES | Top official: City may also receive Novavax vaccines
- Online campaign pushes for takeover of Nordeco areas
- Suspect in shabu arrested
- ROUGH CUTS | What could be Duterte’s legacy?
- PARADIGM SHIFT | ASEANS’s cheap talk on democracy
- BDO posts P28.2-B net income in 2020
- pandaTODA riders share their success stories