A 27-year-old employee listed was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted inside Double RR Pension House at Artiaga Street, Purok 5 at 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
The suspect was identified as Aladin Laguiab Salegan, 27, a resident of Barangay Tumbras, Purok 1, Midsayap, Cotabato City.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Station commander, said they seized from the suspect five sachets of alleged shabu, the marked money, and drug paraphernalia. The seized drugs had a total weight of 19 grams with an estimated street value of P304,000.
The suspect is detained in the Talomo station, as a charge of violating sections 5 and 11 of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act is being prepared against him.
Meanwhile, Lao said the recent arrests of drug suspects in the region should serve as a warning to others who are still involved in the illegal trade.
“We are continuously being aggressive to investigate and pursue more drug operations with the active support from the concerned citizens by providing us relevant and accurate information that we could use in our campaign against this social menace,” he said.
“Together, we will end this war on illegal drugs,” he further said. With reports from Shenna Mae Madenancil and Khim Vanjo B. Jimenez/ JMC Interns
- Man yields shabu at checkpoint
- Man nabbed for shabu
- ROUGH CUTS | Making success an election issue
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 2, 2021
- Concepcion receives lifetime achievement award
- NCCC reopens Lupon branch
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- Laviña | Go’s withdrawal from race a `brave move’
- 150K vaccinees in 3 days eyed