A 27-year-old employee listed was arrested in a buy-bust operation conducted inside Double RR Pension House at Artiaga Street, Purok 5 at 1:45 p.m. on Tuesday.
The suspect was identified as Aladin Laguiab Salegan, 27, a resident of Barangay Tumbras, Purok 1, Midsayap, Cotabato City.
Lt. Col. Ronald Lao, the Talomo Police Station commander, said they seized from the suspect five sachets of alleged shabu, the marked money, and drug paraphernalia. The seized drugs had a total weight of 19 grams with an estimated street value of P304,000.
The suspect is detained in the Talomo station, as a charge of violating sections 5 and 11 of Republic Act 9165 or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act is being prepared against him.
Meanwhile, Lao said the recent arrests of drug suspects in the region should serve as a warning to others who are still involved in the illegal trade.
“We are continuously being aggressive to investigate and pursue more drug operations with the active support from the concerned citizens by providing us relevant and accurate information that we could use in our campaign against this social menace,” he said.
“Together, we will end this war on illegal drugs,” he further said. With reports from Shenna Mae Madenancil and Khim Vanjo B. Jimenez/ JMC Interns
- Exec: Davao light spending P1.85-B in capex in 2021
- Microsoft unveils immersive education solutions to inspire educators in reimagining learning experiences
- Damosa, IWG unveil franchise partnership
- EDITORIAL | The community press today
- STATEMENT | Ending violence and ensuring jobs and rights for Filipina OFWs
- City In Photos
- HONORING MY MOTHER | Automatic writing
- Philippine Media Statement On the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- City In Photos