Damosa Land Inc. (DLI) is setting up gardens to the the houses in the residential component of its Agriya project in Panabo City, Davao del Norte.
Ricardo F. Lagdameo, DLI first vice president, said Ameria, a high-end residential village, will integrate farming into urban living so that the community will be self-sustaining in terms of vegetable needs.
Lagdameo said that it has been their “plan to develop something that highlights agriculture because no one has done that in Davao region” and that their expertise in the sector as well in urban development “can make it (concept of farming in urban living) come true.
Macy P. Bibat, Agriya project head, said the company is selling lots between 204 square meters and 450 square meters with the house having a floor area between 52 square meters and 232 square meters to encourage the owners to produce their own food.
Bibat said, however, it is still within the prerogative of the homeowners on what they want to do with their properties. “If you think about it, you’re only using a fourth of your lot,” she said, adding that it would depend on the homeowners whether to have their gardens or expand their houses.
The company has sold about 70 of the 177 units since it started selling the residential component, which is expected to generate 70% of the total revenue of the project, late last year after obtaining its license to sell as it will also start setting up the model units next month and the building of the houses will start before the end of the year.
Among those that have bought houses in the project were members of the business sector in the Davao Region, many of them local residents.
The model units would start going up by March and depending on the buyer, they are ready to start building the houses by the end of the year.
Lagdameo said the project has a “long gestation period” as the company will be able to completely develop it in 20 years.
Asked on how much in investment would the project entail, Lagdameo, without mentioning the amount, said it would be huge. “You can imagine how much investment is needed for such a big plan. However, we will be developing this over the years; so the investment… will be spread out over the next,” he said.
- Asian Banking & Finance cites BDO’s unwavering service despite the pandemic
- Regional Inflation Eases to 6.0% September 2021
- Negative RT-PCR test still required for air passengers
- Water interruption set on Oct. 15
- Cebu Pacific delivers over 20 million vaccine doses across the Philippines
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this Chinese showing his true color?
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – OCTOBER 14, 2021
- Nobody’s Home hits the road in the music video of Ely Buendia-produced “Cigarette Daydreams”
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Attractive Real Estate Deals Boost September Online Housing Fair Success